Friday, September 12, 2014

Cook, Interrupted

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I my last post to this blog.  The eighteen month old I wrote of then is now 29 months old. The me that I thought was old last year at 38 is well, in the words of Carey Goldberg facing "biological midnight."

A lot has changed since I've last written. A lot has stayed the same. Do you want to build a snowman?

It's occurred to me that though I spend a fair number of hours in the kitchen, I haven't really shared pic or vid 'bites' with anyone, outside the immediate consumers in my family of said comestibles. Perhaps I should. I could be one of those who perhaps does little how to's and recipes, and photos of finished goodies on my blog, facebook or, godforbid, instagram. Don't get me wrong. I admire such doings, in a way, because I don't have time do them myself, though I think I might. And also because I probably will not end up doing that. So another part of me feels a bit above doing so. As if I am too busy making and we are too busy eating said gourmet fare to talk, er, post about it. But I would like to as well. Perhaps I shall.

Life is funny. And, though it's taken me a year to find a quiet moment and the will to write here again, it's all I can do now to park down such trite, platitudinous, hackneyed, vapidity. Unoriginal repetitudes anyone?

Hope I will be back sooner this time. Even find the space regularly each week. The part of me that seeks the liberation that words can comb through an empty page wishes to find. What I have to say tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment